07 November 2007

I just don’t wanna!

I need to get groceries. We need drinks and… well, ok. We need drinks. And maybe a few things for meals later on this week. But- I. just. Don't. want. To.

Anyone else feel like grocery shopping is a chore? I remember a time when I liked going to the grocery store. Especially by myself. But something has happened over the last several months- some radical shift in perspective that leaves me near tears just thinking about going anywhere near anything resembling a grocery store. Especially the commissary. I hate the commissary. But I go, because several things that I buy on a regular basis are cheaper than Safeway and Fry's by dollars! Not cents. Like, Capri Sun- $3 dollars cheaper at the food-selling-place-from-hell. And Nathan's hot dogs- $2 cheaper. Sometimes ground beef is cheaper but that's not a noticeable difference. Occasionally, Safeway has even better deals on ground beef. Like, $1.97 for 93% lean! I live for those days.

Also, I don't want to leave the house because I haven't written
anything this morning, and I've been staring at the computer for at least 2 hours now. I got caught up in some project on photoshop, catching up on blogs, feeding preschoolers, and putting movies in. Now I'm thinking, I just have to go. Ugh! Because I'm obviously not increasing my nano word count sitting on my ass, agonizing about whether or not it's really necessary to go to the commissary today. Or tomorrow. Or maybe ever again?

People are blazing by me this year. Or maybe it just feels that way because last year, I was keeping a great pace. Last year I was one of those freaks who had thousands of words written seven days in. I hit approximately 55k with days to spare at the end of the month. A 200 word day was a bad day. And now I'm lucky if I manage to have a 200 word day at all!

**must.not.bang.head.through.monitor**

I should at least get the girls out of the house for something today. And maybe a rendezvous into hell is just what I need to jump start my writerly brain. Just maybe.

No comments: