25 November 2007

We all fall down

A. has lost her ever loving mind! Seriously!

Dh discovered that A. had colored in a library book I borrowed for them. There were green crayon scribbles strategically placed throughout the book. "I wanted a check book" she explained when asked about the offending marks. So, dh sent her to her room for the night. To which she replied, "I don't love you anymore if you ground me!" or something equally absurd and with the same exact sentiment. So now, she is not only to spend the rest of her night in her room (it's 9 pm- she should have been heading there soon, anyways), but she is now grounded for tomorrow. She went into her room as told, climbed into bed and then continued to protest her punishment while hot tears streaming down her face. You know how kids will get themselves so worked up that they start heaving in choppy breaths? Yeah, well. That was A.- heaving loud heavy sobs in between railing at the gods. Then she called me in there to tell me that she doesn't want to see me again because her daddy grounded her. WTF?!!! You can imagine how well that went over! We were going to do something really fun on Tuesday. Something that even I am looking forward to. But then I told her I was so upset with her words that she wasn't going to have fun Tuesday, either. Grrrrrr. What I may end up doing is going anyways, but only letting S. play. A can just sit next to me the whole time, watching her sister have a good time as I, myself, have a good time. Or perhaps we can work out some sort of pardon tomorrow evening. I don't know. I just know that 75% of the time, punishing the girls means that I am punished, too. Guilt by association and what not. And seriously, did dh just leave football on the tv as he went to bed?!!!

Ugh!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh no. Isn't that so horrible and frustrating! We cancelled something once that I was looking forward to in order to punish the princess. Start to wonder who's really getting punished there...
Those little words can hurt so much.
What? You didn't want to watch football? :-)