08 November 2007

It’s All Just Random

I had this nice, shiny new blog post written this morning. But I didn't post it right after I was done, because I wanted to think on some things. And now, right now, I'm trying this fancy new hubby-wifey bonding technique I've heard about in the past. It's when a wife sits on the couch in the same room, and even next to her hubby while they're both awake. Fucking incredible, ain't it?! So that's what I'm doing. I've grabbed the laptop (which I fucking HATE) and have been net surfing (Pottery barn, Target, LaZboy and Sherwin Williams) and writing on it since this afternoon. Because we've had way too many nights where I just stared at the monitor in the office when I could have been staring at the laptop monitor while sitting next to dh in the living room. Because when I'm in the office all night, he gets frustrated with me and I get frustrated with him for getting frustrated with me, and then we go to bed feeling sad and possibly even neglected and then the whole world goes to hell in a pretty little Longaberger basket until I fix it all up by not ruining the next night's dinner.

Dh and I aren't the type of couple who have to interact with each other every time we're within 1 foot of each other. So this arrangement is actually ideal. He plays his xbox 360, and I can read/write/type/knit/window shop at oldnavy.com. And everyone's happy. We just need to be close to each other. Sometimes I forget that, but I'm trying to be better.

So that's what I'm doing. Hanging out with dh and actually getting some writing done for my nano novel (which will be referred to as my nano-vel from here on out)! I may just have to take this approach for the rest of the month. It's kinda nice, actually. The couch is soooo much cozier than my office chair, although, as I said, I HATE the laptop. But sometimes you've just gotta make sacrifices, right? Right.

Therefore, you don't get part II of my "embargo China" post today. Perhaps tomorrow. Because the post is on the hardrive on the desktop, which is in the office, which is further than I want to walk right now to send it. So instead, you get some random thoughts. Enjoy.

Random thought #1- MSN Live Search- the most fucking useless search engine ever to be created. It's the default engine on Windows Vista. You have to manually change it. Which is good that you can do that. But, why put it on there in the first place if it's crap?

Random thought #2- My shoulder and back fucking hurts. I woke up that way yesterday- sore down the left side of my upper body. The night before, I had a fleeting thought about actually using the gym membership that I pay for. That's $20 of extra coffee-book money going down the drain! But as I said, the thought was fleeting. Good thing, too. Because the next morning I woke up feeling as if I'd body pumped 5 times my limit! I thought, if I hurt now, there's no way in hell I'm going to push weights around for an hour! Even if the music is good.

And, I tried one of those portable massagers I saw at the store today. Those fucking suck, too! First of all, you have to hold the power button down so that it will continue to "massage" whatever. You can't just turn it on and have it stay on while you take care of business until you turn it off. Neither of the two different models had that feature. How fucking lame? You want me to rearrange myself like a Chinese contortionist in order to reach that spot on the lower left-but-more-towards-the-middle part of my back while pressing the power button at the same time?!!!!!? Who thinks UP this shit?

Random thought #3- I am soooo very tired. I went to bed at 8:30 last night. It is now 10 till 8 pm and I'm already getting drowsy. Really, really drowsy. But you know what the sucky thing is? I'll be asleep by 9 pm, and up at 12 am, 2 am, and 4 am before I'm up for good around 7 am. And there's nothing to do, when you get up so often and yet so briefly throughout the night, but snack on whatever sugary, teeth-rotting goodness I can get my hands on. I've even started just keeping Hershey's Kisses or sandwich bags of Oreo cookies in my nightstand drawer. Regularly. So I don't have to get out of bed anymore to get my snack on. Just roll over and open the drawer. I'm going to have to start going to the gym again, if this keeps up. I'm not too fond of the knowledge that I may start packing on the pounds. Again.

Random thought #4- derived from #3. Would I be too much of a punk if I went to bed soon? Like, in 2 minutes?

1 comment:

Sarahviz said...

Hubby started giving me the guilt trip tonight about how I'm ALWAYS on the computer and we NEVER talk...
Um...hello? If I were to NOT be on the computer and sitting next to him, he'd be watching NASCAR on TV and NOT talking to me!