27 November 2007

Picky, picky

Could A. be a more picky eater?

A.: (seeing the Chinese food on her sister's plate) I want broccoli

Me: do you want rice? Or just the broccoli?

A.: I just want beef

Me: You just want beef?

A.: yes. Just beef. No rice, no broccoli.

Me: I thought you just said you wanted broccoli

A.: (she vigorously shakes her head) Nope. No rice. No broccoli.

Me: alrighty then.

I scoop the beef and broccoli onto a plate, then proceed to sort out the broccoli and deposit it back into the take-out box. I put it in the microwave because, who eats cold beef (no broccoli)? Apparently, A. does. Ew.

A.: are you making my beef hot?

Me: just a little bit.

I program 30 seconds into the microwave oven.

A.: I don't want it hot!

Me: it's not going to be too hot.

A.: is it just going to be a little bit hot?

I stop the microwave with 23 seconds left to go and take out the plate of beef. It's just not worth the fight.

Me: Just a little bit hot.

A.: (after being served her plate of lukewarm beef- if it even warmed up that much!) where's the beef? (I promise you she said that!)

Me: that is beef on your plate!

A.: oh, ok. Is it hot?

Me: no, it's not hot.

My God! This kid! Also, not just an hour ago I confiscated her half-eaten apple from her when she started hacking up apple skin pieces onto the kitchen floor. "Hey!" she said as I took it and tossed it into the trash. "That's my apple!" "You were almost choking. You don't need it anymore." I told her. So you know what this kid does?! She goes into the fridge and grabs another apple. Without even asking me! She almost choked on the first one, so she went back for another one?! Ugh. Kids.



1 comment:

Rachel said...

LMAO!
Sorry, but damn... sounds just like my 4 year old. Absolutely hysterical ;-)
Broccoli and Beef.. oh man, I'm making Chinese tonight! YUM!