20 November 2007

Could This Be For Real?!

It is ten till six pm- wackadoodle Arizona/mountain time. The girls and I were out all day and got home about fifteen minutes ago. We left at 10:30 am to go to a story time on the other side of town (oh, the places I go to get us out of the house!). The story teller was going to be dressed like a turkey, and, seriously, how do you pass up on the chance to see a 30-40 year old man dressed up like a turkey? You don't. You get the kids dressed and ready and strapped into the car and you go. So we did. And they had a great time, "shaking their sillies out", listening to stories about turkeys going through an identity crisis and they even enjoyed the "turkey parade" towards the end. I'd post a pic, but it's crap. I can't get the camera on my phone to not shake when my hands do (sadly, A. takes clearer pictures on that thing than I do)! Who'd a thunk I'd need a camera phone with an anti-shake feature?!

So, story time ended, I let them play in the library for a little bit with the puzzles and what not, then we went home for a quick lunch and headed out to the park.

See that? All day. And it must have worn their preschool arses out! Because they both fell asleep in the time between me putting my credit card into the gas station majig and closing the gas cap! And they're still out!

Now, this could be a good thing- they may sleep through the night. Or it could be a bad thing- they'll wake up at 11:30 pm and want to play. That would suck. Tremendously.

So I'm thinking- what the fuck do I do with myself? I have writing to do and blogs to catch up on but I feel like I should be doing something else- something important. Something productive…

HAHAHA!

Had ya going there for a minute, huh? Cuz why would I spend precious alone time doing housework? As Dr. Phil would say (does anyone even watch him anymore?), that dog don't hunt. Or something really profound like that.

Dh is on the way home and is super excited about Rock Band. It's a game much like Guitar Hero, but instead of just guitars, you can buy a drum kit and it comes with a mike so that one can karaoke while the other is jamming on the guitar. And it was just released today. He's been waiting for months, and now he has it. So he'll want to play.

He better not wake up them kids!

That's all I'm sayin'.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

What a fun day! Princess loves to "shake the sillies out" at story time, too! LMAO.
Ummmm.. full grown man in a Turkey suit... you have to go!
You crack me up.
Have fun tonight!!!
hope they sleep straight through.