07 December 2007

What Was I Thinking?

Call me ignorant. But I've never seen the Polar Express before. I've caught snippets over the last few years, but not enough to give me the big picture. But it's Christmastime and it's on and I figured it was something the girls would like. I mean, every other kid in the first world seems to enjoy it!

I happened to notice that it was coming on tonight (at 9 pm- wtf was I thinking??!!!) and brought the girls into the living room so we (yes, me, too) could watch it together. Well, it's 10:30 pm right now. And I just want to go to sleep! But we have to finish- I told them they could watch it and so I'll hang in there.

My conclusion so far?

It's really a little fucking creepy and long (especially with commercials. We have one hour left to go). And I don't like it. I'm not sure how this kid even got on the train for the North Pole or what the moral of the story is. And I'll tell you what else. I probably won't find out tonight, seeing as I'm going to lay down in a minute and watch them watch the Polar Express. And I don't care. Not in the least fucking bit.

And, I'm out of all things chocolate. I took care of the chocolates in the girls's halloween stash awhile back and now there's nothing else. And that makes me sad. Must buy brownie mix at store tomorrow.

2 comments:

graceunderautism said...

I have it minus the commercials if you want to borrow it. I didn't like it the first time I saw it, but it grew on me.

Leslie said...

I still haven't seen it Lynne. I've watched snippets here and there, but can't get to it.