31 December 2007

2007: My Year In Review

In 2007:

1. I learned that sometimes you have to do someone else's job for them to get what you need. Especially if you're dealing with medical clearances.

2. I realized that I can be friends with someone, even if our children aren't.

3. I learned how to knit socks and hats on two circular needles, instead of dpn's. I like it much better, except for the parts where I occasionally get tangled up in the needles hanging off the cable when moving from one to the other.

4. I learned that a lack of communication will sink a relationship faster than the Titanic. It doesn't take long to go from "extreme confidante" to "I know we share a bed, and have two kids together, but who are you again?"

Also, no one plays music as the relationship is going down…

5. I said good-bye to friends I'd made in my year in San Angelo, and learned to say "hello" to new ones.

6. For the first time in a very, very long time I was reminded of how it feels to be so far away from people whom I love and care about very much; not just family, but friends. Friends who have become family to me; who always made me laugh, who have seen me at my tired-est and absolute worst, and love me anyways; who always get my bizarre humor (and countered with oddities of their own). Friends who would actually become genuinely excited about the upcoming Pirates vs. Ninja's Dodgeball game for the Xbox 360. Friends with whom I have many things in common and great chemistry, to boot. These friends are just simply too, too far away.

I miss them all, and I miss them tons. Every day.

7. In a violent corporate-coffee-drinking coup which took place on my taste buds, Pumpkin Spice latte's were usurped as my seasonal favorite of choice and replaced by Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha (which is NOT the same thing as a peppermint mocha, or a white chocolate mocha. It is it's own entity. Don't make that mistake again!)

In 2008, I will:

1. Read at least 75% of the books I pay money to bring home, rather than having them languish with neglect on my bedside table. Or in my office. Or tucked away somewhere in the living room… (I am nothing if not organized. Ha! Had you going there for a second, didn't I?!)

2. Take better care of myself. This is a multi-faceted resolution:
Aside from actually using the gym membership my otherwise-for-coffee/yarn/books money goes to, I will remember to eat my fruits and veggies.
In non-liquid form even (although a Jamba Juice gives me more than enough of my RDA).

3. Actually include pics of finished objects (fo's) on my knitting blog (Just One More Row for those of you who are morbidly curious).

4. Worry less, play more.

5. Become a "screamfree parent"- or something very closely resembling one.

6. Spend less money on coffee and more money on... uh, ok. This one obviously needs some work. Do I even need to spend that money at all?

Haha!

Had you going again! Of course I do! Drop a habit, pick one up, I always say!

7. Overcome my complete and total anxiety and contempt for the drive up to Mt. Lemmon, and actually look at the scenery the whole way as dh drives us up there. How I feel about being there once we arrive is still open for negotiation.

How about you? What are a few of your goals for the New Year?

Photobucket

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Those sound like wonderful aspirations! I'll be tuning in to see how they go!
Good luck honey!
Happy Y2K8!