26 December 2007

This Christmas: Greatest Hits

Just a few of my favorite photos over the last few days:

This photo has become one of my favorites, and needs a bit of back story.
A good friend of ours went into labor Christmas Eve morning, so dh went to pick up her 4 year old to hang out with us. She was supposed to spend the night, but was having a real hard time with it. Sometime in the wee hours of the morning (about 1 am), I stepped into A.'s room to see if they were sleeping. They weren't. Her friend, A.B., had her head in A.'s lap as they watched some movie together. A. was petting A.B.'s head, trying to comfort her. It worked. For a little while.


It was the sweetest thing I think I've caught on camera in a very long time. It is definately one of those moments that makes me so proud of A., and reminds me of what a truly wonderful and empathic child she is and always has been.

Oh, Christmas tree!

A. and dh duking it out to see who gets to play Beautiful Katamari first.


A. enjoying her l-max.


This game? Harder than it looks, people!




But not for A. She is the fishing pro of this house.


S. actually smiled for the camera! This is typically unheard of behavior for her.

Driving Ms. S.

She's gonna be a rock star someday!

Happy birthday to- uh, you?


2 comments:

Leslie said...

awww What a sweet daughter you have there! I'd be proud too! Love the photos. My fudge turned out not so good too. That just means that we need to make another batch!

Rachel said...

Absolutely wonderful pictures!!
That one of A comforting her friend is too precious and sweet!!
What a wonderful moment.