26 December 2007

Sleeping Away A Time Out

Here lies S.



Notice, that she is lying not too far from an office corner.

She is lying next to the corner because fifteen minutes ago, she was banished to that corner. Her infraction? Not only did she refuse to help her sister clean their room, she acted as if she couldn't hear me tell her to help clean the room.

I warned her 3 times that she would have to stand in the corner if she didn't do what she was supposed to.

There was a lot of crying emanating from that space in the office, until finally she started telling me that she was tired. But she always says that when she's a) in time out or b) supposed to be cleaning.

I guess this time, she really meant it!

Because one minute she's crying and telling me she's tired, and the next minute, all is quiet and when I look over at her, she's on the floor breathing softly with her eyes closed.

Is this what it takes to get her to nap?

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Bwahahahahaha! This made me laugh out loud. That is too damn adorable! Why you gotta be such a mean mommy? ; ) Glad your holidays went well. All the best for the New Year, chica. ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

Too funny :)

Leslie said...

lol! love that pic! Maybe it could work for Eddie??

Anonymous said...

That's one way to do your time! I should try that at work. I have a corner cubicle.

The Supreme High Ruler of the W. Household said...

busydad- there are few things in life that I would enjoy more than watching a grown man strewn across the floor in front of his corner cubicle, fall asleep! That sure beats watching preteens in time out at the mall!
Webcam, please?

Anonymous said...

what a crappy posotion to be in. you want be tough and authoritative but really, you just want to just lay next to her and cudddle cause she's so damn cute.