02 October 2007

The Worst Secret Agent Ever

S. is turning 3 on Sunday. 3!! I can't believe it. Anyways, S. is turning 3. So dh took A. out to get a birthday present for her sister. And A. has been telling S. all day about how she's going out with daddy to buy her a birthday present. We've been telling A. that it's a secret, and that she's not supposed to tell her sister what she's getting her. She's just so excited about it! So far, she's been pretty good since they got home from Target. DH took me into the garage to show me what they got for S., and we had to remind A. that she can't tell her sister what her present is. I did hear her telling S. about how we're taking her somewhere special for her birthday though. But that's ok. That's not supposed to be a secret.

Last December we went to one of A.'s friends' birthday party. He was turning 5 I think. Anyways, I let A. pick out the present at Wal Mart. We wrap it and everything and the first thing that she says when she sees the birthday boy is, "We got you a present. It's a spiderman and it's really cool!" But it must be a preschool thing, because all the other kids were spilling the beans too.

So I guess what I'm saying is that it may be a bit much to expect a kid to keep the lid on a surprise. I guess that's why more preschoolers aren't being recruited to be secret agents…

No comments: