30 September 2007

Grey’s vs. The Office

I finally got around to watching Grey's. But I had to do it on the computer, because apparently there was a conflict on our dvr with the Office, which my husband was recording at the same time, and somehow, the office won. But I watched it. And now I can go about my weekend.

Can you believe Izzy? Seriously, that girl is a wreck. And she's starting to annoy me a bit. But just a bit. Okay, not a bit. A lot. Because whether she likes it or not, George is married. And whether she likes Callie or not, he is married to her. I know, she's in love. But sometimes I think you just need to know when to back off. Know when to fold em, right? And now (I'm sure this is the point) I have to wonder what, exactly, George plans to do with his confession that he loves her, too. And it makes me a little angry. If he really feels like he made a mistake with Callie, she needs to know. It is just not fair to keep her around if he doesn't love her, want her to have his baby… and there she is, trying to make their relationship work and George is all fucked up because Izzy doesn't know when to keep her mouth shut. Sounds a little like the beginnings of a story line we saw conclude last year… Chief's affair with Merideth's mother. It was quite obvious that he loved her. And he dragged his actual wife around for several years, watching her put things off that she wanted so he could have the career he wanted. And apparently, the relationship he wanted, because she knew about him and Ellis. And she stayed.

And is it possible that Christina is growing a heart, after being left standing alone on her wedding day?

And is it really over between Mer & Der? I hope not. Because really, I thought he was good for her. He Gets her. I personally think that she called it quits because she doesn't know what else to do. He was asking too much from her. And he knew it. But he's willing to wait for her. And I don't think that she knows how to handle that. Derek put himself out there, now he's vulnerable. And Merideth doesn't do vulnerable.

By the way, I love that Sloan came out of the closet, as it were, to tell Derek that what he came to Seattle for was really to fix his relationship with him. He wants his friend back. He made a mistake, and now he's willing to jump through the hoops to fix it. I hope they can work it out. Especially now. Addison left Sloan, basically. And now it seems that Mer is calling it quits with Derek. They both need a friend. They could be good for each other again.

Other than that I spent my morning battling the rush that occurs the day before every single payday. Everyone comes out of the woodwork to do their grocery shopping at the commissary at the same time. Everyone- including the people who take too long to get out of the way, steal the whole aisle with their shopping carts while they decide between French cut green beans in a can or whole ones, and then park themselves in places throughout the commissary to create a maximum disturbance in the flow of traffic. Thankfully, dh kept the girls. Even he knew… you just don't take kids to the commissary the day before payday. And today isn't just the day before payday. It's the weekend before payday, so most people are home, and therefore, more people jamming up the aisles in the store. And you just can't shop with kids like that. Even though our list was blessedly short and sweet, it just was so much easier to deal with without the girls.

Gotta set the dvr now for Brothers & Sisters. And I'm going to find a way to make sure that if the dvr can't record Grey's and the office at the same time, that this time Grey's wins…

1 comment:

graceunderautism said...

ummmmm... You do realize that these are not real people right???
J/K Even though I hate the story line sometimes I cant leave these people behind, I have to know how their lives continue. Izzy and George make me mad though....