27 September 2007

Thank God for DVR

Note the time. 8:14 pm. Season premiere of Grey's Anatomy, and I'm here in front of the computer, where I told myself I wouldn't be after 7 pm. Now why is it that I'm here blogging when I should be watching the gang abuse the new interns and Torres flail as the new chief? Because my daughter's have forgotten how to take instructions and therefore would not stop making noise. I don't do noise when I'm trying to do something that involves listening and following a story. I asked nicely, even. I really, really did. S., the 2 year old- after I told her to be quiet the first time she said, "I'm sorry" and then she didn't stop saying it until I told her to cut it out. Saying sorry once is good, I told her, but then you stop. She looks at me and says, "I'm sorry." Meanwhile, A. is making some kind of clicky noise, and she doesn't stop either. So by the time A. makes into my line of vision, standing right between me and the tv I tell her to move. So then she goes off crying because I told her to move (which, oddly is the way she responds to S., who constantly plants herself between A. and the tv). Then she comes back, clicking away as she crawls all over the other couch. It's 10 minutes into the show, and I'm tired of asking them to be quiet and get out of the way nicely. So I got up and walked straight into the office. Not that they won't try to bug me in here, but here I can always shoo them out and shut the door. Sadly, we do not have a door between the living room and the rest of the house. Or even a sound proof plastic box like they use on that TLC 10 years younger show. The box they put the women in while everyone in NY city stops to stare and tell the camera how horrible (beginning of the show)/fantastic (end of the show) she looks. We don't have one of those either. But maybe I should think about getting one and just planting it in the corner of the living room. They'll have enough room to sit comfortably amongst huge comfy pillows decorated with the princess of their choice. And they can scream as loud as they want to while I try to watch tv because I won't be able to hear them! How awesome would that be?! I wonder how much it would cost to get one of those things. We have the room for it. There's a nice corner near the tv and everything that hasn't really been designated a purpose. Well, except for time out. That's A.'s preferred time out corner. Which would be perfect, because she's already familiar with that particular corner, except then she'd be in a sound proof box. Now where do you suppose I would find one of those? Target?

1 comment: