13 February 2008

What Crawled In Here And Died?!

It's been 3 weeks and we haven't had any more traps disappear. As a matter of fact, we haven't had any mice at all in this time. So this means we win, right?

WRONG!

Wrong because it seems that some rogue mouse died somewhere in that stupid SUV. It seems this way because the truck REEKS! I mean like, something seriously crawled into some hidey hole and died! We took the truck to the Renfest on Sunday, so we were in there for 4 hours total with no foul smell. But it's been heating up into the 70's this week. So dh's theory is that the mouse may have been there for the last several weeks, but was basically refrigerated. And now that it's warming up, well, you know…

Ewwwwww!

He's been driving around with all the windows open (we switched cars for a few weeks) so he doesn't suffocate in the disgustingness! So the plan? He's going to go through the car, maybe start taking apart the dashboard and what not to see if he can't find the decomposing mouse. *shudder* Better him than me cuz seriously- I think I would be so disgusted when I come across the rotting mouse that I would be puking for days. And then I'd be in therapy for more days, because I'll start having nightmares about skeletal mice chasing me into a plastic cube with a one way door, where a slice of yummy chocolate cake awaits as bait…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, that's so gross... I hope you find it.

I recently set out poison for some smart mice who've been eluding my traps. Luckily, I think they died outside, cause not only have I not seen any suggestion that they lived, but I've also not smelled anything foul

graceunderautism said...

so excited to see a new post. So grossed out by its content! Sorry for the bad luck.